Adidas x Parley collection

German based sportswear company Adidas is spearheading the ecological effort among similar companies so far. In 2016, they have stopped using plastic bags entirely, in their stores, and are continuing to implement this effort in their production…

From Baška to the Moon

If you ever find yourself driving along the island of Krk and decide to go all the way you will be simply astonished with the sight. What you will see is probably one of the least known, yet unbelievably beautiful and historically important…

Interceptor

An independent study, carried out by Ocean Cleanup initiative, has estimated that about 80% of the plastic that ends up in the worlds’ oceans comes from 1000 critical rivers, spread out alongside the coasts of the planet. The other 20% are…

Town of Primošten

Located in the central part of Dalmatia, some 26 km away from Šibenik, the first city founded by Croatian tribes, lies the town of Primošten. With the population of some 3000 this charming little place became one of the most popular tourist…

Plastic garbage patches in our Oceans

There are several plastic patches in the seas of our planet, the largest ones of these are located in our oceans. Currents cross each other’s paths and create these intersection points, where the water creates a big whirlpool, collecting…

Single use Plastic

What exactly is single-use plastic, and what makes it so incredibly harmful? Think about all the random items you use only once then throw away: water bottles, plastic forks, straws, plastic bags, food containers and packaging. This is single-plastic,…

Swallow green

As we are all becoming more aware of the huge damage plastic garbage (especially plastic bottles and straws) cause to our Eco system and marine life, we at Lastavica Cruises decided to do something about it. Anyone who has spent at least…