Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions
Created 2015. Updated 2019. Updated 2023.
1. Lastavica New d.o.o.
Lastavica New d.o.o. (hereinafter referred to as Lastavica New) as a shipowner of ship Swallow and Lastavica provides programmes or individual services of our own.
2. Conclusion of contract / Performance provided
2.1. Bookings can be made verbally, by telephone, email or internet inquiry and are confirmed via signed contract.
2.2. The travel contract is confirmed when Lastavica New sends charter contact and is returned signed by customer or their agent.
2.3. The basis of the booking is the text in the travel brochure or on the website, if necessary, modified by Lastavica New by an amendment notice pursuant to Point 13, until the closure of the contract or in case of a special arrangement with the customer. In case of possible need for proof, this should be done in written form.
2.4. Intermediary agencies are not authorized to take different or additional agreements. Location and brochures, as well as websites, whose author is not the Lastavica New, do not have to be respected, if they were not made by special arrangement with the customer.
Lastavica New collects and uses customer data to organize the tour, for the completion of the contract and for customer service purposes. In case the customer does not wish to receive advertising material from Lastavica New, he / she may, refuse the permission to use of the data. To exercise all the mentioned rights, it is sufficient to send a short message to the contact mentioned below at Point 15.
Our vessel Lastavica and Swallow offered by Lastavica New meet the regulations of the Croatian Register of Shipping and other legislation concerning their condition and their safety equipment. In the interest of safety, in cases of force majeure, e.g., average or engine failure, routes may be changed, other vessels may be used for assistace or the nearest available port may be visited – this is pointed out as a precaution. Possible warranty claims will not be taken into consideration.
5. Price changes
5.1 Lastavica New is entitled to increase the tour price after contract closure, in case of unpredictable increases for Lastavica New or new se!ings of the below designated price components due to circumstances Lastavica New is not responsible for: exchange rates for the booked travel; oil price, port fees, security fees in connection with transportation, entry, residence and entrance fees regulated by public law. The price increase is permi!ed only if there are more than four months between the signing of the contract and the beginning of the journey.
5.2 The tour price may be increased only by the amount equal to the sum of all incurred increases in the price components referred to in paragraph 5.1 of the booked trip after the contract closure. Upon request, Lastavica New is obliged to explain to the customer the reasons and extent of the price increase.
5.3 Lastavica New must inform the customer immediately and not later than 4 months before departure, about any price increase.
5.4 In case of an increase of travel costs equal to more than 5%, the customer is entitled, without any penalty payment, to withdraw from the contract. Withdrawal must be explained and/or requested immediately from Lastavica New.
6. Minimum number of participants
If the travel advertisement or other documents, which have become part of the contract, set a minimum number of participants, Lastavica New may withdraw from the travel contract not later than 30 days before departure, if that number is not reached. If Lastavica New in such case withdraws from the travel contract, the customer may request to join another tour, which Lastavica New is able to provide without additional cost to the customer from its own product range. Otherwise, the paid deposit will be immediately and fully reimbursed.
7. Change of the person travelling / Booking changes
7.1 Until the beginning of the tour, the customer may request that a third person designated by him/her enters the rights and obligations arising from the travel contract. Lastavica New may object to the entry in case the third person does not meet the travel requirements or when his/her participation does not meet government regulations or administrative orders. Upon submission, the original and the new customer are both liable for the holiday price and for additional costs incurred by the change.
7.2 After contract closure, the customer has no right to change travel dates, destination, starting point, accommodation.
8. Cancellation prior to departure
In case of a withdrawal from the travel contract before departure (cancellation), Lastavica New d.o.o. may claim a specifically calculated compensation for cancellation or withdrawal (Lastavica New d.o.o. may decide to send a compensation invoice) or apply following:
Charter of ships:
- 75+ days before the departure day: 25% of the total amount
- 74 - 60 days before the departure day: 30% of the total amount
- 59 - 30 days before the departure day: 50% of the total amount
- 29 - 0 days before the departure day, or "no-show": 100% of the total amount
Lastavica New d.o.o. highly recommend that our guests obtain a comprehensive travel insurance policy for their cruise vacation. Please contact your travel advisor for recommendations.
10. Duties and rights of travellers in case of non satisfactory services
10.1 In the event of unsatisfactory services, the customer has the right to file a complaint (see contact details in Point 15 of the terms). Each customer complaint is submi!ed separately. In the case of dissatisfaction with the accommodation unit, the traveler is required to notify the crew of the ship immediately upon arrival. The customer is required to cooperate with the crew in good faith in order to rectify the problem.
10.2 If the journey is not provided according to the terms of contract, the customer may claim compensation from the tour operator. Lastavica New may deny the compensation claim if it requires a disproportionate effort.
11. Personal injury, damage, shortage or loss of luggage
In case of death or personal injury, damage, shortage or loss of luggage during the journey into account is taken the Athens Convention with a protocol of 2002 (the Carriage of Passengers and their Luggage by Sea), including reservations and guidelines of the International Maritime Organization (IMO) compliant with the Maritime Code of the Republic of Croatia.
12. Passport, visa and health regulations
12.1 The traveler is required to:
- have valid travel documents.
- respect the customs and foreign exchange regulations of the Republic of Croatia.
- abide by the foreign exchange and customs regulations and laws and other regulations of the Republic of Croatia and other countries passing through and in which they reside. In case of inability to travel due to violations of regulations by the customer, all costs will be covered by the customer.
- obey house rules in accommodation facilities, and to cooperate with crew in good faith. upon arrival at your destination, it is required of the customer to hand over the document on payment to the host (Voucher obtained by e-mail).
- the customer is required to check whether a visa needs to be a!ained for entering the Republic of Croatia or neighboring countries.
- Captain reserves the right to discontinue serving alcohol for the safety of the guests and crew
12.2 The customer should inform him/herself about infection and vaccination and other preventive measures, and, if necessary, ask for medical advice concerning thrombosis and other health risks. General information is available in health departments, with medical travel experienced doctors, at travel medical information centres, or the Federal Centre for Health Education.
12.3 In case difficulties arise for the customer, in reference to above rules, that prevent or affect the participation in the trip, the customer is not entitled to cancel the travel contract without penalty, when Lastavica New is able to render services and Lastavica New is not responsible for the difficulties. Mutual claims in the event of default will not be respected, unless they interfere with the liability limits in these terms of travel.
12.4 Lastavica New explicitly points out that there is always a possibility of a subsequent amendment of the rules. Lastavica New will make all reasonable efforts to inform the customer of any changes as soon as possible, but recommends to additionally follow the news media, in order to be prepared for eventual changes.
13. Validity of the brochure information
The information in the brochure or on the internet can only take into account situations and circumstances at the moment of printing and/or updating; unfortunately, even despite the greatest care, printing errors may occur. Amendments to the offer remain therefore possible, until the last final declaration of contract closure by Lastavica New.
14. Terms of charter
Lastavica New will issue offer for wanted term upon receiving request from client/agency. Every offer is valid for 10 days from the offer day (upper right corner of the offer). Every offer is valid only for the term what is written on the offer and for start and end harbor what is written in the offer.
Offer also acts like contract between client/agency and Lastavica New. By signing the offer client/agency accepts this document, General terms and conditions.
Payment consists of two parts:
- First payment (10% of the total price – advance payment); upon receiving the first payment Lastavica New will fix the term for client/agency and will not offer it to any other party (Booking confirmation).
- Second payment (20% of the total price); Must be paid 90 days after the first payment
- Third payment (70% of the total price); Must be paid 60 days before the start of charter
After receiving signed offer from the client/agency, Lastavica New will issue Invoice for the first payment what has to be paid within 14 days upon reciving the invoice. If we do not receive the advance within 14 days Lastavica New is authorised to withdraw from the contract. Lastavica New will issue invoice for the second payment at last 90 days after the third payment and a new invoice at last 60 days before the start of charter what has to be paid within 14 days upon receiving the incoice. If we do not receiving the payment within 14 days Lastavica New is authorised to withdraw from the contract and send an invoice with cancellation fees according to article 8 (Cancellation prior to departure) of this document, general terms and conditions.
The route will be created according to clients/agency’s wishes regarding to the weather and ship’s limitations and the captain of the ship will be an integral part of the route planning.
- The package price for catering includes halfboard or fullboard for the minimum person number of 21 (adult) persons. For each additonal person a supplement amounting equal to catering package will be due.
- Halfboard standard: 10,500.00 per week (7 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 1 dinner)
- Halfboard plus*: 480,00 Euro per person per week (7 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 1 dinners) Premium selection of food
- Fullboard standard: 450,00 Euro per person per week (7 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 7 dinners)
- Fullboard plus*: 580,00 Euro per person per week (7 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 7 dinners) Premium selection of food
- Children food reduction: until 4 years free of charge, from 4 to 7 years 50% reduction.
* „plus“ – premium selection of food
- Beverages on yacht bar only – by bar price list.
- Drink package – 450 EUR per person per week (Applicable for the whole group only).
- Mealtime wine package – 200 Euro per person per week (Applicable for the whole group only).
- Guests are not allowed to consume outside alcohol onboard the ship
Benefits included in the price:
- Full charter from Saturday to Saturday (embarkation from 11:30 am, disembarkation until 09:00 am)
- Crew on board of the ship (Captain, Purser (Ship manager), Chef, Sous Chef, 2x Bartenders, 2x Deckhands, Hostess)
- Fuel for an average length of a journey of maximum 5 hours a day/ 35 hours a week
- Catering as booked
- Docking in open harbors
Not included services:
- Visitors tax and keelage (€ 50,00 per person, children € 25,00, payable on location in cash)
- Parking place (Check before booking if available)
- Beverages on board (You can book one of the all inclusive drinks option)
- Docking in closed marinas
- Onboard sauna (unless otherwise agreed)
Weather: The itinerary is not binding and may be modified before or during the charter subject to prevailing weather and sea conditions, at the discretion of the Captain.
Captain's Authority: The Captain retains overriding authority and shall not be bound to comply with the itinerary nor any order or request which might, in the Captain’s sole discretion, put the safety of the vessel and persons onboard at risk. The same applies in the case the port is not available due to increased traffic in the port.
Lastavica New and the customer will strive to resolve any possible disputes in implementation of the agreement addressed, and otherwise be subjected to the decision of the competent court in Šibenik, and the applicable law will be Croatian law.
16. Contact Details
Lastavica New d.o.o.
Managing Director: Filip Stančić
Matije Gupca 27
22244 Betina, Croatia
Phone: +385 22 436 552
Mobile: +385 91 514 9265
Fax: +385 22 436 551
Lastavica New Private Limited Liability Company registered at the Comercial court in Šibenik. reg entry no (MBS) 060185184